- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g butter
- 1 large, whole shallot peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic peeled and grated
- 300 g arborio or risotto rice
- 75 ml dry white wine
- 600-700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 100 g petit pois frozen
- 300 g Frozen Cooked Seafood Mix, defrosted, such as prawns, mussels, squid, etc
- 100 g Castle MacLellan Smoked Salmon Pate
- Half a bunch parsley roughly chopped
- Black pepper
Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan and fry the shallot gently until softened but not browned.
Add the garlic and rice and stir well to coat the grains in the butter and oil, then pour in the wine and continue to stir until absorbed.
Gradually add the hot stock a little at a time, stirring continuously.
After about 10 minutes add the peas and seafood mix.
Stir in the smoked salmon pate and continue to gradually add the stock until a thick and creamy consistency is reached. This should take about 20 minutes in total.
Stir through the chopped parsley
Season to taste with black pepper and serve straight away.
Tips: To add a citrusy note to the risotto, stir in the grated rind of 1 lemon together with the garlic and rice, and add a squeeze of lemon juice to taste towards the end of cooking.