Mushroom, Asparagus and Edamame Bean Risotto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- I small red onion peeled and finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic peeled and crushed
- 300 g arborio or risotto rice
- 600-700 ml hot vegetable stock
- 100 g edamame beans defrosted if using frozen
- 100 g asparagus tips cut into 3cm lengths
- 50 g small chestnut mushrooms finely sliced, optional
- 100 g pack Castle MacLellan Oven Roasted Mushroom Pate
- Freshly ground black pepper
Heat oil in a large pan and fry gently until the onion is softened but not browned.
Add the garlic and rice and stir well, then gradually add the hot stock a little at a time, stirring continuously.
After about 10 minutes add the Edamame beans followed by the asparagus and mushrooms, if using.
Stir in the mushroom pate and continue to gradually add the stock until a thick and creamy consistency is reached. This should take about 20 minutes.
Season to taste with black pepper and serve straight away.
Tip: Vary the vegetables used according to season.
It is important to stir the risotto throughout as this helps to create the creamy
texture associated with risotto.