Hot and Sour Crab Noodle Soup
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2.5 cm piece root ginger peeled and grated
- 1 whole red chilli deseeded and finely grated
- 1 clove garlic peeled and grated
- 1 small bunch coriander stems finely chopped and leaves roughly chopped
- 1 small carrot peeled and cut into matchstick sized strips
- 0.5 bunch spring onions thinly sliced
- 100 g Castle MacLellan Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lime
- 100 g egg noodles cooked
Heat vegetable oil in a medium saucepan, add ginger, chilli garlic and the finely chopped coriander stalks and fry for 2-3 minutes until soft but not browned.
Add the carrot and spring onion to the pan and continue to fry, whilst stirring, for a further 2-3 minutes.
Stir the Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine into the vegetable mix then gradually add the vegetable stock with the juice of 1 lime. Bring to the boil then stir through the egg noodles. Simmer for 1-2 minutes to heat through.
Stir the chopped coriander leaves into the soup, reserving a few for garnish, then spoon into bowls. Garnish with reserved coriander leaves and serve.
Tips: Add 75g raw king prawns to the soup with the stock and cook until the prawns turn pink and are thoroughly cooked through.
Add a handful of chopped kale with the carrots and spring onions