Wild Mushroom Soup with Garlic Croutons
This tasty recipe is perfect for those cold wintery days.
Dust lightly with cinnamon when serving for that extra special touch.
- 1 Tub of Castle MacLellan Mushroom Pâté
- 5g Dried Wild Mushrooms
- 150ml Cold Water
- 50ml Single Cream (reserve a little for serving)
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Soften the dried wild mushrooms in water, leave to soak for 10 minutes until softened.
- Add 1 tub of Castle MacLellan Mushroom Pâté to a sauce pan with cream and the softened wild mushrooms (add any liquid as well). Heat on a low heat, season with salt and pepper to taste. Don’t boil the product just heat at a gentle simmer.
- When all the ingredients have combined in the sauce pan and are hot enough, liquidise using a food processor or hand blender (caution as the soup will be very hot) until the mushroom pieces are flecks rather than pieces. Serve in a large bowl with garlic croutons and a swirl of cream and dust lightly with cinnamon.