Steak and Chips
Elevate a classic with the addition of Castle MacLellan’s Oven Roasted Mushroom Pâté, which combines earthy mushrooms and crème fraiche, seasoned with garlic and thyme. Relax and indulge in a glass of red wine – the perfect accompaniment to this dish.
- 2 fillet steaks
- 2 large floury potatoes, such as Maris Piper or King Edward, cut into chips
- 150 ml Rapeseed oil
- 113g Castle MacLellan oven Roasted Mushroom Pâté
- 100ml single cream
- Preheat oven to 220°C and bring a large pan of water to the boil
- Place the chipped potatoes in the pan and bring back the boil, simmer for 3 minutes and drain
- Pat dry with kitchen roll and place in a baking tray
- Drizzle with extra virgin rapeseed oil (this nutty oil perfectly complements the mushroom sauce)
- Place in the oven for 20 -25 minutes, turning every 5 minutes for an even golden finish
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce add the mushroom pâté and cream to a saucepan and heat slowly until simmering gently
- Remove the steak from the fridge 10 minutes before cooking and rub on both sides with extra virgin rapeseed oil and a little salt and pepper
- Place a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the steaks until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the pan and allow to rest for a few minutes in a warm place
- Once rested plate up the steak and drizzle with the mushroom sauce. Remove the chips from oven and serve with the steak.