Spiced Monkfish en Croute
Our Castle MacLellan Salmon Pâté really adds flavour to this delicious crispy dish.
- 1 Tub of Castle MacLellan Salmon Pate
- 4 x 100g Monk fish tail (trimmed)
- 1 Packet of Ready Rolled Filo Pastry
- 1g Nutmeg
- 5ml Olive oil
- 5g Chopped Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Melted Butter
- Dust the monk fish fillet with the nutmeg and pan fry in olive oil for 1 minute on each side.
- Remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- Pour any leftover juices from the pan into a bowl and add 1 Tub of Castle MacLellan Salmon Pate and the chopped parsley. Mix well to combine all the ingredients
- Lay one sheet of filo pastry on a lightly floured surface and brush with melted butter then lay a second sheet on top and brush with melted butter. You will need to do this for all four fillets but do one parcel at a time as the filo pastry will dry out if done in advance.
- Spread a quarter of the pate along the centre of the sheets of pastry and place one of the monk fish fillets on top.
- Fold all four sides in to the centre to form a tight parcel, trim of any excess pastry. Brush with melted butter and turn over and brush the top.
- Place on a baking tray and repeat step 4-6 for the other 3 monk fish fillets
- Cook in centre of a preheated oven for 20 minutes. Should be cooked through and golden on top.