Mini Chicken Pies
These tasty mini chicken pies are best complimented with Caramelised onion or Beetroot chutney.
- 500g Packet Short Crust Pastry
- 200g Packet of ham hock
- 1 Tub Castle MacLellan Chicken Pate with Scottish Heather Honey
- Chutney- Caramelised Onions or Beetroot works really well in this recipe
- Preheat the oven to 200oC. Roll out your short crust pastry so it is thinner than a pound coin. Cut out 8x9cm circles of pastry for the base of your pies. Then cut out 8x7cm discs for the tops. You may need to re-roll the pastry to do this.
- Brush the tin moulds with a little oil before pushing the base circle into the muffin tray.
- Put a table spoon of the ham hock into the base of each pie, you want it to be about ½ full.
- On top of the ham hock add a layer of chicken pate, use about 1 tbsp on each pie. Then spoon the same amount of chutney or beetroot onto the top. Ideal chutney to use in this pie would be a caramelised onion flavour.
- Brush the outer edge with milk/egg and add a pastry lid. Pinch the sides to seal and make a small hole in the top. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.