Castle MacLellan Mushroom Pate and Vegetable Lasagne
A classic dish, with a Castle MacLellan twist.
- 2 x 113g packs of Castle McLellan Mushroom Pate
- 4 Fresh Pasta Sheets - from a 250g Packet
- 6 x Spring Onions - Discard outer leaves, wash and finely chop.
- 1 x medium Courgette - approx 8 oz/250g - washed and chopped into 1/4” dice
- 300g mushrooms - finely chopped
- 1 x small clove garlic - finely crushed
- 1 x Tablespoon Tomato Puree
- Half Vegetable cube - mixed with 8 fl ozs of hot water
- 1 x Tablesppoon Plain Flour
- 1 x Tablespoon fresh Italian herbs - finely chopped (Basil, Marjoram, Oregano etc)
- 6 fl oz fresh milk
- Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper
- 50g Parmesan cheese - grated
- 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
170C/ Gas Mark 4 - Serves 3/4
- In a medium bowl mix the two packs of Castle MacLellan Mushroom Pate with the fresh milk, leave aside.
- Put the oil into a medium sized saucepan on the heat and sauté the spring onions and garlic until softened. Add the chopped courgette and mushrooms. Add the plain flour, stirring well and cook one minute, add the tomato puree and gradually add the vegetable stock stirring well.
- Add the fresh chopped herbs and season well. Bring to the boil, turn down the heat and simmer 10/12 minutes until the sauce has reduced slightly, thickened and the vegetables are cooked.
- Place Lasagne sheets in a large shallow dish. Pour over enough boiling water to cover the pasta. Cover with foil and leave for 2 minutes until pliable.
- Take out, drain and lay each sheet out on a clean tea towel.
- Lay one sheet of pasta in the base of a square lasagne dish covering the whole of the base.
- Layer 2 - Vegetable mixture
- Layer 3 - Pasta sheet
- Layer - 4 Mushroom pate/milk mixture
- Repeat - the 4 layers and top with the grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook in a preheated oven for approximately 30 minutes until golden brown.