Ham & Duck Pie
Caramelised onion chutney or cider and apple compliments this recipe effortlessly. For a more delicate flavour, try ham hock and our Chicken Liver Pâté with a beetroot or caramelised onion chutney. A perfect combination.
- 1 Tub of Castle MacLellan Duck Pâté
- 500g Packet of Short Crust Pastry
- 200g Packet of Ham Hock
- Preheat the oven to 200c. Roll out your short crust pastry so it is thinner than a pound coin. Cut out 8x9cm circles of pastry for the base of your pies. Then cut out 8x7cm discs for the tops. You may need to re-roll the pastry to do this.
- Brush the tin moulds with a little oil before pushing the base circle into the muffin tray.
- Put a table spoon of the ham hock into the base of each pie, you want it to be about ½ full.
- On top of the ham hock add a layer of Castle MacLellan Duck Pâté, use about 1 tbsp on each pie. Then spoon the same amount of chutney onto the top. Ideal chutney to use in this pie would be an apple based one. We used apple and cider.
- Brush the outer edge with milk/egg and add a pastry lid. Pinch the sides to seal and make a small hole in the top. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.