Crab and Mussel Linguine
This show-stopper of a dish is surprisingly easy to prepare, combining Castle MacLellan’s Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine with delicate mussels to create a creamy sauce which, when served, is sure to impress your dinner guests.
- 113g Castle MacLellan Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine
- 500g Mussels
- 400g dried Linguine
- 250ml dry white wine
- ½ onion, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- A knob of butter
- Start by adding the linguine to a large pan of boiling water and cooking until al dente (8-10mins). While the pasta is cooking begin preparing the sauce.
- Melt the butter in a large heavy bottomed frying pan over a medium heat
- Add the onions to the pan, reduce the heat and allow to soften, stirring occasionally.
- Add the garlic and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the wine, bring to the boil then simmer for 3 minutes until the alcohol has cooked out
- Add the Castle MacLellan Luxury Orkney Crab Terrine to the pan and mix until smooth
- Add the mussels, cover with a lid and cook for 3 minutes
- To serve, drain the pasta and add to the sauce, along with a few spoonfuls of the cooking water
- Cook for a further 2 minutes until the pasta is well coated with the sauce then serve